Android 1.6 Donut is a model of Android that was launched on 15 September 2009, based mostly on Linux kernel 2.6.29. Its predecessor was Android 1.5 Cupcake and its successor was Android 2.Zero Eclair. Included within the replace had been quite a few new options.
- Voice and textual content entry search enhanced to incorporate bookmark historical past, contacts, and the net
- Skill for builders to incorporate their content material in search outcomes
- Multi-lingual speech synthesis engine to permit any Android utility to “communicate” a string of textual content
- Simpler looking out and skill to view app screenshots in Android Market
- Gallery, digicam and camcorder extra absolutely built-in, with quicker digicam entry
- Skill for customers to pick out a number of photographs for deletion
- Up to date expertise help for CDMA/EVDO, 802.1x, VPNs, and a text-to-speech engine
- Assist for WVGA display resolutions
- Velocity enhancements in looking out and digicam functions
- Expanded Gesture framework and new GestureBuilder growth device
- Free Google-powered turn-by-turn navigation
- Redisignened Android Market with all the newest apps.
Android 1.6 app compatibility:
Community Port Database supporting android 1.6 doughnut since Could 20 2011.
NPR Information help for android 1.6 doughnut ended on February 1 2012.
VirusTotal help for android 1.6 cupcake ended on June 12 2012.
GPSTest help for android 1.6 doughnut ended on June 21 2013.
Google TalkBack help for android 1.6 doughnut ended on July 30 2013.
Cost Module supporting android 1.6 doughnut since December 21 2013.
Dalvik Explorer supporting android 1.6 donut since January 1 2014.
Market help replace sensible for android 1.6 doughnut resulted in September 2009 whereas useful help ended on June 30 2017.
- ↑ “Android Code Analysis”. Retrieved June 6, 2012.
- ↑ “Licenses”. Android Open Supply Undertaking. Open Handset Alliance. Retrieved September 9, 2012. “The popular license for the Android Open Supply Undertaking is the Apache Software program License, 2.0. … Why Apache Software program License? … For userspace (that’s, non-kernel) software program, we do in actual fact want ASL2.0 (and comparable licenses like BSD, MIT, and many others.) over different licenses equivalent to LGPL. Android is about freedom and selection. The aim of Android is promote openness within the cell world, however we do not imagine it is doable to foretell or dictate all of the makes use of to which individuals will need to put our software program. So, whereas we encourage everybody to make units which can be open and modifiable, we do not imagine it’s our place to drive them to take action. Utilizing LGPL libraries would typically drive them to take action.”