Android 2.2 (in any other case referred to as Froyo, quick for Frozen Yogurt) is a model of Android that was launched on Could 20 2010. Its predecessor was Android 2.1 Eclair and its successor was Android 2.Three Gingerbread. Android 2.2 newest launch on November 21 2011 as android 2.2.3. Android 2.2 assist ended on October 2 2014.
Android 2.2 relies on Linux Kernel 2.6.32, which is a bugfix of earlier 2.6 variations, together with the Kernel 2.6.29 used for Android 2.0/2.1 Éclair.
Enhancements in 2.2
- Pace, reminiscence, and efficiency optimizations
- Extra utility pace enhancements, carried out by way of JIT compilation
- Assist for the Android Cloud to Machine Messaging (C2DM) service, enabling push notifications
- Improved Microsoft Trade assist, together with safety insurance policies, auto-discovery, GAL look-up, calendar synchronization and distant wipe
- Improved utility launcher with shortcuts to Telephone and Browser purposes
- USB tethering and Wi-Fi hotspot performance
- Choice to disable information entry over cellular community
- Up to date Market utility with batch and automated replace options
- Fast switching between a number of keyboard languages and their dictionaries
- Assist for Bluetooth-enabled automotive and desk docks
- Assist for numeric and alphanumeric passwords
- Assist for file add fields within the Browser utility
- The browser now reveals all frames of animated GIFs as a substitute of simply the primary body solely
- Assist for putting in purposes to the expandable reminiscence
- Adobe Flash assist
- Assist for high-PPI shows (as much as 320 ppi), similar to four-inch 720p screens
- Gallery permits customers to view image stacks utilizing a zoom gesture
- The Android 2.2.1 replace was launched on 18 January 2011, and included a lot of bug fixes, safety updates, and efficiency enhancements.
- The Android 2.2.2 replace was launched on 22 January 2011, and glued minor bugs, together with SMS rooting points that affected the Google Nexus One.
- The Android 2.2.Three replace was launched on 21 November 2011, and consisted of two safety patches.
Android 2.2 Telephones
- Google Nexus One *replace*
- Motorola Droid *replace*
- HTC Evo 4G *replace*
- HTC did say that an replace could be supplied on some telephones “someday in 2010”
- HTC Want “replace”
- LG Optimus line
- Samsung Galaxy 5